My Top 5 Reasons for Going to Culinary School in Colorado
5. The Farm to Table Experience (this is something pretty unique about the school I am attending) See link. We do not get into this until the last 5 weeks at school. I have been hearing nothing but amazing things about it. We will be driving somewhere close to Aspen for this adventure and learning experience.
4. Change, although quite scary for me is proving to be quite rewarding.
3. A change of scenery, I believe this will help me appreciate where I come from and all the wonderful things about home. I met a guy on the ski lift in A-Basin yesterday who is from Philly and we talked quite a lot about the things we loved about the East Coast. One in particular was the Jersey shore in the summertime.
2. Education. I have been humbled quite a bit here with classical French cuisine. No one knows that I published a book on healthier eating with recipes and my opinions on food etc. I wanted to go into this program green and learn the classical way. Keeping my accomplishments to myself are for my own personal reasons. I may have a little bit more experience and input at times but the learning and hands on experience is invaluable.
1. Getting an opportunity to do something you’ve dreamed about, believing in yourself and taking a leap of faith will never leave you with any regrets. That in it self is what life is all about, isn’t it?
I’m broke but I’m happy
I’m poor but I’m kind
I’m short but I’m healthy, yeah
I’m high but I’m grounded
I’m sane but I’m overwhelmed
I’m lost but I’m hopeful baby
What it all comes down to
Is that everything’s gonna be fine fine fine
’cause I’ve got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five
- ALANIS MORISSETTE